Garlic clove rests Cumberland slate - Translucent skin peeled back reveals delicate purple cloves.The deep bluey grays and texture of the slate add extra depth and richness to the composition.
Native to Central Asia and northeastern Iran, Garlic has long been a common seasoning worldwide, with a history of several thousand years of human consumption and use.
It was known to ancient Egyptians, and has been used both as a food flavoring and as a traditional medicine.In Ancient Rome, it was "much used for food among the poor".
- Limited edition of 75, Hand printed, signed and numbered by Keith Hodgson
- Print sizes- A4, A3, A2.
- 310gm Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 Art Paper
- EPSON archival inkjet print – lightfastness rating is over 100 years
- Buy online as print only in sizes listed above
- Other sizes, mounting and framing available - please contact the gallery
- Custom packing and delivery worldwide
One of a series of nostalgic images with a ‘French Kitchen’ theme