A delightfully simple composition, from an original painting by John Wheeler. Painted in naive style, large, flat areas of space complement the passive detail of a female form, oblivious to the world, asleep on a deserted beach.
John's work deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colours with little or no perspective - an eclectic amalgam of early Hockney blended with an essence of Modigliani and Breughel!
To quote Robert Pirsig - 'we keep passing unseen through little moments of other people's lives'
Limited edition of 30
- Hand-printed, signed and numbered
- 310gm Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 Art Paper
- EPSON archival inkjet print – lightfastness rating is over 100 years
- Buy online as print only in sizes listed above
- Custom packing and delivery